Interested in learning more about the sport of rowing? It's as easy as 1-2-3!
(Geared for those age 18 + years. )
Step 1: Intro to Row
On the first Sunday morning of each month from April - October, Baltimore Community Rowing offers a 3-hour class to introduce participants to ergs, boat handling, and dock rowing. (Fee: $25) This class is required before moving onto Step 2: Learn to Row.
Participants should be at least 18 years old to sign up -- (anyone under 18 years old is encouraged to sign up for the juniors program. Find them at Reach High Rowing (http://www.reachhighrowing.org/
Find more information here.
What to Wear:
· Tight-fitting shorts or leggings (spandex is best) and a close-fitting top
· Loose or overly long clothing is not suitable for rowing and can cause injury if it gets caught in the equipment; if you choose to wear loose clothing to the boathouse, please layer your tighter-fitting layers underneath. Locker rooms are also available (please bring your own lock).
· Sneakers that you don't mind getting wet
· Layers for cool weather if appropriate
What to Bring:
· A large refillable water bottle
· Sunscreen (for reapplying)
· Hat or visor
· A nonperishable snack and extra drink
Fee: $25 per 3-hour session